CHEESY SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup of organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup organic whole or low fat milk
- 1 TBS grated parmesan cheese
Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Pour mixture in a warmed non-stick frying pan (you can use organic canola oil spray).
Stir as the egg mix is cooking. Eggs are done when firm and not runny.IDEA: Add small pieces of cold cuts like organic turkey to this recipe if desired.
LUNCH OR DINNER RECIPES
- 2 whole grain tortillas or corn tortillas
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of thinly diced turkey (cooked)
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
Scramble 2 eggs in a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil and add the broccoli and turkey when the eggs are almost cooked. Cook until the eggs are firm. Warm tortillas in a toaster oven.
Place tortilla on a plate and cover with the egg scramble. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs. Roll up the tortilla or fold in half. Serve warm with fruit dices mixed in or baby carrots.
FUN SPINACH NUGGETS
- 1 16-oz package frozen chopped spinach, cooked, and drained
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs - (3/4 cup breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup wheat germ or flax meal is a healthy substitution)
- 1 ½ cups low fat shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 3 Large organic eggs or 5 egg yolks
- Heat oven to 375F
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. *Optional: you can substitute eggs for veggie or fruit puree.
- Shape mixture into nuggets or fun shapes using cookie cutters. Place them on a baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes; turn nuggets over after 15 minutes. Serve warm with brown rice or mashed sweet potatoes.
GRILLED CHEESE & TURKEY SANDWICH
- 2 slices of organic whole grain bread
- 2 slices of organic low fat provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice of organic oven roasted turkey breast
- 1 tsp organic butter
Option 1: Lightly butter 2 slices of whole grain bread. Place turkey slice between cheese slices with butter side down. Place sandwich in Panini/Sandwich grill Warm until cheese is melted. Trim bread borders if desired.
Option 2: Warm frying pan. Lightly butter 2 slices of whole grain bread. When frying pan has warmed, lay one slice of bread butter-side down; then, top with 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of turkey then top with 1 slice of cheese. Top sandwich with remaining slice of bread (butter side up). Fry and flip sandwich as needed until bread becomes golden and toasted.
IDEA: Hide Turkey, Chicken, Cooked Broccoli, Peppers, Tomatoes or Spinach between 2 slices of cheese!
CHEESY CHEESE LOGS
- 1/2 cup of organic all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of organic butter
- 1/2 cup of organic thinly shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 organic egg
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- Heat oven at 375F
- Mix butter and Flour together then add the cheese & egg.
- Roll mixture into thin logs; place them on a baking tray (coated with organic canola oil spray). Bake logs for about 1o minutes. * You may need to bake them longer, depending on thickness of the cheese logs.
YUMMY SPRING TIME PASTA
- 1 bag of organic tri-color pasta (fun shaped!)
- 1 C chopped fresh organic broccoli
- 1/4 C sliced black olives - optional
- 1/2 C organic baby Carrots, julienne
- 1/2 C organic zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 TBS organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2TBS grated parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta al dente.
- In frying pan sauté broccoli, carrots, zucchini in olive oil until crisp yet tender.
- Drain & rinse pasta. Combine pasta and vegetables in large bowl and add parmesan cheese to lightly coat. Serve warm or cold
YUMMY HOMEMADE PIZZA
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 slices of organic tomato or 2 TBS of organic tomato spaghetti sauce
- ½ C low fat shredded mozzarella cheese or deli style mozzarella cheese.
- Top open pita or flour tortilla with tomato or tomato sauce. Add cheese.
- Broil in toaster oven until cheese is melted. Allow to cool prior to serving. Serve with baby carrots or edemame. IDEA: Hide some veggies like cooked Broccoli, Carrot, Onions, Peppers, zuchinni or spinach!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 slices of cheese (mozzarella or provolone or cheddar)
- chopped cooked organic veggies
- On the tortilla, spread out the veggies then cover with cheese slices. Place on warmed frying pan. Fold tortilla once cheese has melted. Flip quesadilla to warm other side. IDEA: use organic non fat refried beans instead of veggies or mix two or three cheeses like ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar and more!
- 1 package of organic baby cut carrots (about 1 lb)
- 2 cans of organic garbanzo beans (about 15 oz each, rinsed & drained)
- ¾ cup of chopped parsley
- 5 TBS of lemon juice - optional
- 1 TBS Asian sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 gloves garlic, peeled
- Salt – optional
- In a 2 to 3 quart pan, combine carrots and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat; then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots mash easily (about 15 to 20 minutes). Drain well.
- In a food processor, or blender, whirl carrots, garbanzos, chopped parsley, lemon juice (optional), oil, and garlic until smoothly pureed.
- Serve with pita wedges or veggies such as organic celery, organic cherry tomatoes, organic broccoli and more! You can also make sandwiches with hummus, provolone cheese and veggies!
ANNE’S BLACK BEAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 can low sodium organic black beans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
- 1 box of organic chocolate cake mix (like Pamela's Products Luscious Chocolate Cake Mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350º and grease a 9″ cake pan.
- In a blender, blend the beans with the water they come in until very smooth.
- Then add the apple sauce to the blender and blend until smooth. Add the cake mix, a little at a time, until blended.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake it for 30-40 mins. The top of the cake should be rounded and firm to the touch, and the cake should be pulling away from the sides of the pan
- Allow to cool, and then remove from pan. Chill in fridge over night. Serve chilled from fridge.